To make our homes function at high efficiency, everything needs to be maintained, either by cleaning, lubricating, replacing worn parts and routinely inspected. The same theory applies to the air ducts. The air ducts are either a square or round tubing that is generally engineered out of sheet metal. Its duty is to circulate warm or cool air throughout the home, and delivering it to the individual rooms that are part of the HVAC system.
Orange County Steam Masters would like to list a handful of the benefits to getting your air ducts cleaned regularly.
1. Air ducts transfer air, and disperse it into the varying rooms of your home. Dust, pollen, pet fur and dander and all other tiny pollutants travel within that system. Though air filters trap most of these little particles, the air duct collects quite a bit over time. When left unclean, these tiny assailants are being moved with the air, making your air quality poor. For those that suffer from allergies, having a regular air duct cleaning can hinder those allergies.
2. If your air ducts become clogged, the HVAC system has to work over time. Whether it’s heating or cooling your home, the units are being forced to work harder, making the moving parts experience additional wear and tear, forcing your units into early retirement. Keeping air ducts clean can contribute to extending the lifespan of your furnace and air conditioner along with other maintenance and tune ups.
3. When your units are being overworked, they expect time and half, in other words, your energy consumption will incline and so will your power bill. Investing in a professional air duct cleaning will help you save money in the long run.
4. It isn’t common, but still has happened often enough it is worth mentioning, and that is mold. Especially if there has ever been a mold outbreak in your home, mold spores could have easily moved into the air ducts. Having a regular cleaning can prevent the mold from getting out of control.
Getting your air ducts cleaned should be performed every 3-5 years. Here is how to decide if you should do it sooner or later.
• Indoor smokers.
• Indoor pets, especially if they shed high volumes of hair or fur and dander.
• Damage that has occurred to the HVAC system, or water damage in general.
• Family members or other residents that have extensive allergy issues.
• After any remodeling or renovations.
• If you recently moved into a previously occupied home.
• Any history of mold outbreaks.
• If pest control has ever been an issue, particularly involving vermin or rodents.
• Any smoke damage has ever been present.
Professional Air Duct, Carpet, Rug, Upholstery, Tile & Grout, Mattress, Drapery Cleaning & Water Damage Restoration Services in Santa Ana, Irvine, Anaheim & Huntington Beach California
We, at Orange County Steam Masters, have professionals that have had proper training and experience to clean air ducts. With state of the art equipment, top of the line detergent, our experts can ensure your air ducts are thoroughly cleaned. Among our many services, we offer air duct cleaning at an affordable price. Call us today to schedule your appointment.